Now In Person & Virtual Options!
The goal of the Piano Institute is to provide a concentrated week of stimulating musical activities within a Christian environment which will motivate and encourage students in their piano studies and in life.
- Dr. Richard Lange (Coordinator, Master Classes, Piano Lessons)
- Sonja Grimes (Piano Lessons)
- Dr. Joshua Bauder (Music Theory)
- Dr. Paul Wirth (Master Classes, Piano Lessons, Recitals)
Schedule—July 27- August 1, 2020
- Piano Topics Class
- Music Theory Class
- Private Piano Lesson
- Lunch Break
- Piano Literature
- Master Classes
- Private piano practice
Activities include: Daily lessons, daily devotions, and classes including Music Appreciation, Music Theory, Piano Literature, and Performance.
Students must prepare a memorized piece prior to the Institute and perform that selection for the Saturday Solo Recital.
The Institute is open to enthusiastic piano students ages 10–18 who are playing at an intermediate to advanced level (level 5 method book and above). Students will be grouped according to age and ability.
If you are new to the Piano Institute, please submit an audio or video recording of one piece from current repertoire. This audition can be submitted as part of your online application.
Application and Registration
Step 1: All interested students must apply online. If you are a first time applicant to the Piano Institute please include a video/audio recording with your online application. There is a $25 non-refundable application fee.
Step 2: Upon acceptance into the Piano Institute you will receive a tuition statement via email. You can make payments online, by calling the office, or by sending in a check.
- Applications accepted starting: March 1, 2020
- Application deadline: July 20, 2020
- Payment deadline: July 20, 2020
- Late Registration Fee: $20
A Word From Parents
"I wanted to write to let you know that the Piano Institute was one of [our student's] highlights of the summer. She learned so much and grew in so many areas—thank you for all you and the other professors did to make the week such a wonderful experience. She is already looking forward to next year!"
- 50% refund if student withdraws after the application deadline
- Application Fee is nonrefundable'
- Meetings will be held on Zoom; links will be sent out to registered students.