Internships & Co-ops
Are you a UNW student interested in doing an internship?
Official internship related information is located on theROCK on the Calling & Career tab under Internships.
Are you an employer looking for UNW interns?
Contact LRAshworth@unwsp.edu or call 651.631-5265.
UNW Internship statistics
- 28 undergraduate majors require academic internships as part of the degree program
- 11 undergraduate majors offer elective internships
- 70+% undegraduate students indicate they have completed at least one internship before graduating
- Master of Divinity students complete two years of internship
2012-2013 Academic Year
- 258 undergraduate internships
- 16 graduate internships
- 67,750 undergraduate internship hours|
- 10 international internships
Percentage of interns exceeding employer expectations
- 95% Integrity
- 90% Overall performance
UNW is starting a co-op program!
In the summer of 2014, UNW will begin building a co-op program. Co-ops are similar to internships, but usually last for more than one semester, are paid experiences, and typically have more intentional relationships with employers. Initially, the co-op program will focus on engineering, biology and mathematics.
University of Northwestern, its directors, officers, employees, servants, or agents are not responsible for the safety, wages, working conditions or other aspects of any off-campus employment and/or internship, and do not make any representation as to the working conditions that may exist at any place of employment. The employment relationship exists strictly between the employer and the user. It is the responsibility of the user to research the organizations or individuals offering jobs or internships to which they are applying. The user is advised to use caution and common sense when applying for any position with an organization or private party employer.