CLT provides students with the essential tools that support their transition into Northwestern. CLT encourages students in the academic rigor and cultural adjustment that occurs when coming into higher education. Students interested in CLT should enroll in the GST 1025 course Impact of Culture in the United States for 1 credit.
Who should enter the CLT program?
The CLT program is recommended for the student who:
- Would like support transitioning into higher education
- Speaks a primary language other than English
- Is from or grew up in an international setting
- Has parents who are missionaries
- Has other transitional needs
How can CLT help?
The CLT model uses creative interventions that put students on track and enhance their academic experience at Northwestern by:
- Closing gaps in educational development
- Mentoring students through the cultural transition into the role of student at University of Northwestern
- Accelerating and practicing written and conversational English
Ruth Fries, Intake/Office Coordinator
Monday: 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Thursday: 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m.–1 p.m.
Closed during chapel and holidays.