Military Students

Earning your degree and serving our nation—if you're up to the challenge, so are we! 

As a Military Friendly school, we care about surrounding you with the support and resources you need every step of the way.

Applying to Northwestern

  1. Complete an Application for Traditional Undergraduate Admission
  2. Submit your DD214 with your application
  3. Complete the Veterans Benefits Information Form and return it to the Northwestern Certifying Official
  4. Apply for VA benefits (visit or contact 888-442-4551 if you have questions about the VA application)
  5. When you receive your Certificate of Eligibility from the VA, submit a copy to the Northwestern Certifying Official.

Support services

We want to wholistically support you as you pursue a degree, providing resources for your best undergraduate experience:

Disability Office Support Services (DOSS)
David Golias

Counseling Services
Danette Wilfahrt

Education benefits

Veterans and/or their dependents may be eligible for benefits from a variety of programs that assist with educational expenses.

The links below offer eligibility and application information about the benefits available to veterans. Northwestern has a Certifying Official who is available to assist you at any stage of the process. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding these benefits.

Find programs from the list below for which you may qualify.



Transfer Student Admission Counselor
Brian Sobas

Certifying Official
Deb Voight

Financial Aid
Emily Johnson

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs