Early College – pre-college courses for high school students
Through the Early College pre-college program, high school students can take college courses online through University of Northwestern for full credit at a discounted rate.
Early College courses give you a convenient online format, allowing you to schedule your studies around other high school commitments. All you need is a computer, Internet access for streaming media and a desire to learn!
Early College Advantages
- Get a head start on your university degree by earning college credit while a junior or senior in high school.
- Courses are offered at an affordable rate ($239 per credit for 2013–14; $199 per credit for 2014–15) and allow the possibility of graduating from college ahead of schedule.
- A student who begins Early College at the beginning of junior year could fulfill up to two years of college requirements and save thousands of dollars on future college tuition!
- Enjoy courses taught from a biblical worldview, through a variety of media such as course guides, video lectures, textbooks and other digital tools.
- Textbooks are shipped anywhere in the United States and coursework may be completed anywhere in the world!
Early College Enrollment Process
- Download and complete the Early College Student Application.
- Send completed application, high school transcript and standardized test scores to University of Northwestern by the deadlines listed below.
- Watch your mailbox within two weeks for acceptance letter.
- Receive letter with access instructions and account information, including e-mail, for theROCK, Northwestern’s student info portal.
- Log-in to theROCK.unwsp.edu and register for courses.
|Summer 2014||April 15, 2014||May 19, 2014|
|Fall 2014||July 15, 2014||August 27, 2014|
|Spring 2015||December 1, 2014||January 12, 2015|
Apply early to allow time to register for your preferred courses.