Applying for the Nursing Program at University of Northwestern
Applications for the Department of Nursing at Northwestern opens in December each year. Applicants are chosen by April of the following year.
Space is limited; not all candidates are guarenteed acceptance. Candidates with more credits from Northwestern will be given higher consideration over those with fewer credits from this institution.
All completed forms can be sent via email to email@example.com or sent by mail to Department of Nursing, attention Leane Gondek, 3003 Snelling Ave N, St Paul MN 55311 or delivered to the Department of Nursing, 2803 Lincoln Drive, St Paul MN 55113, 3rd Floor Office.
How do I enroll in the Baccalaureate Nursing Degree Program?
- Apply and be accepted to University of Northwestern – St. Paul.
- Successfully complete (with a C or higher) all pre-requisite courses.
- Achieve a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75 (4.00 scale) based upon credits earned from UNW. A transfer or post-baccalaureate student must also achieve a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75. Questions on figuring out GPA? Contact the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete all of the below application forms.
- Provide evidence of CPR certification (American Heart Association's CPR for Health Care Providers or American Red Cross's CPR for Professional Rescuers). Online certification is not acceptable.
- Obtain satisfactory scores on both the TEAS (based on national average) & HESI (at least 77%) entrance exam. Contact email@example.com for more information about these exams.
- Complete satisfactory personal interview with Northwestern's Nursing Admission and Progression Committee. Interviews are scheduled by nursing staff and conducted March-April.
- Written acknowledgment of Department of Nursing Acceptance Letter.
The following forms are required for admission to Northwestern's Department of Nursing.
Application for Admission to the Northwestern Deparment of Nursing
Health Clearance form
Student Confidentiality Agreement
Agreement to Program Policies
Character Reference Form
December 1, 2013: Application opens
March 1, 2014: Application closes
March 19, 2014: Deadline for all forms
April 7, 2014: Admission & Progression Committee meeting (applicant review)
April 11, 2014: Letters of acceptance/rejection sent
May 13/14, 2014: Orientation for new students
May 15, 2014: Nursing student orientation
May 19, 2014: Classes begin