Copyright Infringement Policy
The Designated Agent to respond to reports alleging copyright infringements on University of Northwestern web site locations, in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, is Eric Olson, Manager, Online Communications. Please email Eric with any such allegations. The Act requires the complainant to include certain information in a complaint.
Agent Contact Information
University of Northwestern
3003 Snelling Avenue North
St. Paul, MN 55113-1598
For more information on United States Copyright Laws, see: The US Copyright Office
Information Required in a Complaint
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act specifies that all infringement claims must be in writing (either electronic mail or paper letter) and must include all of the following elements:
- a physical or electronic signature
- identification of the infringed work
- identification of the infringed material
- contact information for the complainant, e.g. address, telephone number, electronic mail address
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner or the law
- a statement that the information contained in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.