About the Library

History

The Berntsen Library is named in honor of former University of Northwestern president and chancellor, William B. Berntsen. The three-level, 37,800 square-foot Berntsen Resource Center building opened to the Northwestern community in January 1993.

Mission

The Berntsen Library, a center of learning and information access, serves and reflects the mission, curriculum, and community of University of Northwestern. The Library works to create value for the Northwestern community by knowing its users and by developing services, collections, and programs in order to meet their information needs both today and tomorrow.

The Collection

The Berntsen Library houses more 100,000 volumes and provides access to approximately 17,000 periodical titles. In addition, it also contains expanding audio and video collections. The Berntsen Library is a member of Cooperating Libraries in Consortium (CLIC) along with seven other private colleges in the Twin Cities. CLICnet, CLIC's online catalog, provides access to a combined collection of over 1.5 million items.

Hours & Location

Location
Berntsen Library
3003 Snelling Ave. North
St Paul, MN 55113-1598
Directions & Map

 

 

Call, e-mail, or instant message a reference librarian to make an appointment.