| || |
Adjunct Professor of Human Services
Renee Wixon has 25+ years of experience leading and consulting human service agencies. Her real life, “hands-on” experience allows her to teach adult learners in a way that spans far beyond academia. She has served as the Executive Director/ CEO of three nonprofit organizations. In those roles, Wixon has worked with the board of directors to set the vision and develop strategic and business plans, hired and supervised staff (2 to 150 people), developed programs and services, and obtained funding for the agency.
M.P.H. University of Minnesota
- Community Asset Development Group. (2009). Plan for Progress--Phase I. Chaska, Minnesota: Vision 212 Regional Leadership Initiative, Carver County Community Development Agency, SouthWest Metro Chamber of Commerce.
- Hennepin County Injury and Violence Prevention Program. (April 2000). Injury and Violence in Hennepin County: Seniors. Minneapolis: Hennepin County.
- Hennepin County Community Health Promotion Division. (1999). Injury and Violence in Hennepin County: Children and Adolescents. Minneapolis: Hennepin County Community Health Department.
- Lia-Hoagberg, Lia-Hoagberg, B., Oberg, C., Skovholt, C., & Vanman, R. (September 19, 1989). The Minnesota Prenatal Care Initiative A Report on the Pilot Study in Hennepin County. Minneapolis: Hennepin Faculty Associates and the Health Resources and Service Administration Bureau of Maternal and Child Health.
- Oberg, C., Lia-Hoagberg, B., Hodkinson, E., Skovholt, C., & Vanman, R. (1990). Health Insurance Status and the Use of Prenatal Care. Minneapolis: Perinatal Collaborative Research Consortium.
- Oberg, C., Lia-Hoagberg, B., Hodkinson, E., Skovholt, C., & Vanman, R. (1990, September-October). Prenatal Care Comparisons Among Privately Insured, Uninsured, and Medicaid-Enrolled Women. Public Health Reports , pp. 533–535.
- Rainbow Research Inc . (April 2008). Minnesota's Elmininating Health Disparities Initiative: Overview and History. St. Paul, Minnesota: Minnesota Department of Health.
- Rainbow Research Inc. (2008). Blue Cross Communities on the Move. Eagan, Minnesota: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota Center for Prevention.
- Research, Rainbow Inc. (April 2008). Minnesota's Eliminating Health Disparities Initiative: A Model and Method fo Identifying Exemplary Program Practices to Eliminate Health Disparities. St. Paul, Minnesota: Minnesota Department of Health.
- Research, Rainbow Inc. (May 2008). Minnesota's Elminating Health Disparities Initiative: Programmatic Results Achieved by Elminating Health Disparities Intiative Grantees. St. Paul, Minnesota: Minnesota Department of Health.
- Research, Rainbow Inc. (April 2008). Minnesota's Elminating Health Disparities Initiative: Exemplary Program Practices in Action. St. Paul, Minnesota: Minnesota Department of Health.
- Research, Rainbow Inc. (July 2008). Minnesota's Elminating Health Disparities Initiative: Grantee Case Studies. St. Paul, Minnesota: Minnesota Department of Health.
- Skovholt, C., Lia-Hoagberg, B., Mullett, S., Siiteri, R., Vanman, R., Josten, L., et al. (1994). The Minnesota Prenatal Care Coordination Project: Successes and Obstacles. Public Health Reports , 774–781.
- Thomas, S., Wixon, R. (2002). Real Love Real Life Abstinence Curriculum. Richfield, Minnesota: New Life Family Services.
- Vanman Wixon, R. (2000, September). Promising Approaches to Youth Violence Prevention. Minnesota Medicine , pp. 49–50.
- Wixon, R. (April 2005). Building Communities Around our Children. Chanhassen, Minnesota: Chanhassen Villager.
- Wixon, R. (2006, November ). Connected Families. Waconia Patriot .
- Wixon, R. (2005). Eat. Talk. Connect! Program Guide. Chaska, Minnesota: Carver County Health Partnership.
- Wixon, R. (2002). Encouraging Sexual Purity for Your Teen: 5 Tangible Strategies for Parents. Minneapolis.
- Wixon, R. (December 2007). Master Plan to Create Community for a Lifetime in Carver County. Chaska, Minnesota: Carver County Health Partnership.
- Wixon, R. (1998). Medical Expense Management Guidebook. Edina: United HealthCare.
- Wixon, R. (2005). NorthPoint Center for Community Health Innovation. Minneapolis.
- Wixon, R. (October 2007). Promoting Civic Engagement in Carver County. Chaska, Minnesota: Carver County Health Partnership.
- Minnesota Medical Association Kids, Guns, and Media Violence: Crisis? Conflict? Consensus? September 8, 2000. Brooklyn Park, MN.
- Eat. Talk. Connect! – Encouraging Family Meals presentation to various schools, community groups, health departments, businesses, churches and local government bodies. Featured on Fox News, KARE 11, Minneapolis Star Tribune and other local publications, 2005–2013.
- Conference on Preventing Falls among Older Adults sponsored by the Hennepin County Community Health Department, November 2000.
- Communities for a Lifetime—community planning for older adults presentation made to various community groups, Minnesota Planning Association Conference, health departments, Area Agency on Aging, Age Odyssey conference, local governments, senior adult fairs, 2005–2009.
- Encouraging Abstinence/Sexual Purity—presentation made to multiple middle and high schools as well as youth groups and adults at various churches in Minnesota and Wisconsin, 1998–2010.