Recording Arts Track
The Department of Communcation is proud to present its newest emphasis within the Electronic Media Communication major: Recording Arts!
We created the Recording Arts track specifically for students interested in the technical craft of recording music, live sound reinforcement and the music industry.
Why Recording Arts?
Students will gain in-depth understanding of key aspects of the recording philosophies and practices, as well as specific skills based on which track they choose.
- Business – Students will be experts in artist and road management, business plans, touring, marketing and radio/video promotion.
- Tech – Students will learn the ins and outs of the recording process from recording to editing, mixing and post-production.
By learning from expert professors and taking classes specifically designed to equip for the music world, students will develop a wide range of skills perfect for the industry.
- Record musical instruments and voice
- Understand the multi-track recording environment
- Work closely with recording industry professionals
- Develop business plans for music artists and understand music business economic trends
- Proficiently edit on the two leading audio production platforms: Pro Tools and Adobe Audition
Because of the devotion and enthusiasm of the communication department staff, students will be able to draw from the vast pool of knowledge offered to them and succeed. They will enter the audio production and Christian music business profession more than well equipped for the demands.
Study in Nashville – Spend a semester there in Nashville, learning in the heart of the contemporary Christian music world.
Learn more at http://www.bestsemester.com/cmc/.
Showcase Work – Have your work appear on student-run radio and specialty programs produced by radio, film and animation students.
Recording Arts track
|EMC3116||Principles of Programming||4|
|EMC3125 or EMC3126||Advanced Audio Production or Radio Production||3|
|CMC||Faith, Music and Culture||3|
|CMC||Inside the Music Industry||3|
|CMC||Practicum "CMC" Tour||1|
|CMC||Business Track OR Tech Track (see below)||9|
|CMC||Music Business Survey||3|
|CMC||Advanced Media Marketing||3|
|CMC||Advanced Studio Recording||3|
|(CMC = Conteporary Music Center, Nashville)|