School of Business
3 reasons to pursue your bachelor’s degree in business at Northwestern:
- You need more than business savvy to succeed. At UNW, you’ll not only get a business degree, you’ll also develop the character and leadership qualities you’ll need to thrive in business by integrating biblical principles and ethics in all courses.
- Accelerate your path to internships and jobs. The Twin Cities of Minnesota is a hub of headquarters—from 3M and Best Buy to General Mills, Medtronic and more! The connections of our professors and alumni mean regular visits to major corporations and learning from their business leaders.
- Reputation makes a difference. The University of Northwestern Department of Business has a strong reputation for excellence among top corporations—employers consistently rate our students highly and each year several of our business majors are offered positions before graduation!
The Department of Business equips students to be God-honoring leaders in business and in life.
At University of Northwestern – St. Paul, we believe the business world is a great opportunity for Christian men and women to apply their talents and be an influence for Jesus Christ.
Northwestern offers a rigorous degree program that will prepare you for a job. Hear from students and professors about our successful program.
Northwestern students rank top in the nation!
Last year, Northwestern students in the Department of Business earned top scores on the ETS Major Field Exam in Business. Of 585 institutions accross the country, Northwestern scored consistently high, reflecting our high-caliber professors and students. Check out these statistics!
- Accounting majors scored in the 99th percentile.
- Business and International Business majors scored in the 95th percentile.
- Overall, Northwestern business students scored in the 94th percentile.
These long-time professionals each have a wealth of business experience to share with you and they want help you succeed.
Visit local Fortune 500 companies in Minnesota, study business in China and land an internship that could lead to a full-time job!
Where Our Graduates Find Jobs
Northwestern business graduates can be found in many sectors of business. Several of our students even receive job offers before graduation.
Here are just some of the places our graduates are working:
- General Mills
- J.P Morgan
- Mayo Clinic
- Merrill Lynch
- Minnesota Timberwolves
- Minnesota Twins
- Minnesota Wild
- Piper Jaffray
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Target Corporation
- Thrivent Financial
- United Health Group
- US Bank
- Wells Fargo
"The Best Decision"
“Because of my education at Northwestern, I successfully passed the CPA exam after I graduated. And being surrounded by people who loved Jesus made me the passionate Christian businessman I am today. It was the best decision I have ever made.”
– Justin ’09, Accounting Graduate, Accountant at Target Corporation